Soal dan Jawaban Bahasa Inggris Kelas XI
hai.. how are you today..? fine?
You must be sick? okay, it no what what :3 ? as long as it does not hurt, chiawww :v ( rip boso english :v )
langsung aja yac, w gx terlalu bisa ngomong english jadi langsung simak soal dibawah ea..
Text 1 (for question number 1-7)
Once there was a husband and his wife who had a baby. They had a dog named Bony. It was a very smart dog and faithful to them. The dog used to take care of the baby while were working in the rice field.
One afternoon, while working in the field, they heard Bony barking. It was running toward them. It’s mouth smeared with blood. The husband shocked and thought that it had killed their baby. Suddenly he took his sickle and threw it to the dog. It hit the dog’s had and the dog head and the dog fell down and died.
Hurriedly they got home and saw the baby sleeping. When the husband looked around in the baby’s room, he found a big snake lying on the floor. It was dead and blood spilled everywhere. It seemed the dog had killed the snake and the killed his faithful dog.
1. Who was Bony? Bonny was……….
a. the husband’s name
b. the wife’s name
c. the bay’s name
d. the dog’s name
e. the snake’s name
2. Why was the dog running toward the couple?
a. because it afraid of snake
b. because it was hurt
c. because the dog wanted some foods.
d. because the dog wanted to tell that something dangerous almost happened in their home.
e. because a snake wanted to catch it.
3. ……finally killed by the husband.
a. the baby
b. the snake
c. the wife
d. the dog
e. the couple
4. The snake was killed by……
a. the dog
b. the husband
c. the wife
d. the child
e. the baby
5. Was the baby hurt by the dog?
a. yes, it is
d. no was not
b. yes, it was
e. no, it doesn’t
c. no, it did
6. “Suddenly, he took his sickle …..”(paragraph 2, sentence 5). The word suddenly has the same meaning with the word……
7. Why was the husband shocked? Because………
a. He thought that the dog hurt killed his baby
b. he was sick
c. he saw a snake
d. he saw a dog died
e. his wife fell down
8. A : “What kind of the narrative is it?”
B : “It is……….”
c. science fiction
9. I …………..to the mall last week
e. have gone
10. Lisa : Do you mind turning on the fan for me ?
Mita : ………
a. no, thank you
b. yes, I do
c. l’d love to
d. not at all
e. yes, please
11. Dicky : may I can to your house at 7 tonight ?
Anne : ….. I will be going somewhere with my friend at that time.
a. yes, that’s all right
b. yes, indeed
c. l’m afraid not
d. not at all
e. why not
March 8, 2008
It is a (12) ….. to read your letter and to know about the music program at your university. I’ll be (13) ….. to go with you. My bus (14) ….. be at your school at 4 o’clock on Saturday. If you don’t mind, I’d like you (15) ….. me at the bus station. See you on Saturday.
12. a. happy
13. a. sad
14. a. can
15. a. met
e. to meet
A : Have you heard that uncle Joe will come next week?
B : Oh. really? When did he tell you?
A : Last week.
The underlined sentence is used to express ……..
17. I …… a fantastic film at the cinema last week.
18. “Watch the TV tonight. My daughter is on TV channel 5 at eight. She always makes me happy.” “Sure, I will.”
From the underlined words we know that the first speaker feels …….. her daughter.
a. angry with
b. proud of
c. worried about
d. disappointed at
19. The batik dress mother gave me is old, its colour has faded. Its refers to …
20. “I am sorry I don’t know the answer, but I really wish I …”
b. have known
d. will know
21. ….you met your friend last Sunday?
22. I listen to everything . . . he saids
23. this semester I had to buy fifteen books, most of . . . . english
a. which is
b. which are
c. whom were
d. whom is
e. whom are
24. the company hired ten new employees, some of.... men
a. which is
b. which are
c. whom were
d. whom is
e. whom are
25My sister, Siska has all her dresses made because…
a. she likes sewing
b. she is a dress maker
c. she cannot sew at all
d. she doesn’t have a good dressmaker
e. she can’t offord to pay dress-maker
26. This area is not suitable for farming because the soil is not……
27. ‘May I go shopping with my friends, mom ?’
‘No, you…….stay in bed until you recover.
28. ‘When do you want to have the parcels………to you hosue ?’
‘It’s better tomorrow morning’
b. to deliver
e. be delivered
One evening last week my and I were sitting quietly at home. Suddenly we heard a loud bang. I supposed that the old lady in the flat above ours was moving the furniture about. My wife was afraid that the noise would wake the baby. She turned down the TV and moment latter we heard someone calling for help.
I run upstairs. The old lady’s door was shut but I could see smoke coming through the letter box and under the door and smell something burning.” Ring the fire brigade .” I should down to my wife.
I banged on the door but the old lady took a long time answer. I was turning over in my mind the idea of breaking the door down when she finally appeared.
“I was having a bath,” she said,” when the water heater in the kitchen blew up. And I was getting dressed when you knocked.
I took her down stairs to our flat. Smoke was pouring out of the kitchen and the heater was in flames. Just then I heard a fire engine arriving outside and the heavy footsteps of the firemen on the stairs.” It’s in here,” I shouted,” You turned up promptly, I must say.”
When I got back to our flat, my wife was making the old lady a cup of tea, Soon afterwards, the fire chief came in to ask a few questions. It turned out that the fire was not very serious and the firemen were already putting it out. When they left, my wife went up with the old lady to help her clean up the mess.
When she returned, my wife remarked : “It’s all right now. Nothing was damaged except the water heater. But wasn’t it lucky that baby slept through the noise ?’
She took the teacups into the kitchen and I heard her scream and the cups crash to the floor. When I got there, water dripping from the ceiling and forming a pool on the floor. The baby woke up at least and began to cry.
Choose the right statement
29. What is the story about ?
a. A disastrous accident
b. A confused old lady
c. A fire brigade in action
d. A surprising evening
e. A small accident in the kitchen
30. The writer suspected that something was wrong when…
a. there was a loud noise
b. there was a cry for help
c. his wife was afraid of the noise
d. furniture was being moved about
e. he saw smoke coming through his letter-box
31. Which of the following statement is true ?
a. the old lady hurried to the door when yhe writer knocked
b. the noise in the old lady’s flat didn’t disturb the baby
c. the writer kicked the door open to save the old lady’s life
d. there was great damage in the flat ofter the fire
e. the old lady immediately called the fire brigade
32. ‘Turning over in my mind in paragraph 3 means…
33. After reading the whole story, we know that…
a. the old lady was good at house cleaning
b. the baby was startled by the some of the fire engine
c. the fire occurred because the old lady had been careless
d. the old lady always enjoyed having tea with the writer’s wife
e. the fire had caused a leak in the ceiling of the writer’s kitchen
34. Which of the following statement is not true ?
a. the baby woke up a long while after the fire
b. the writer and his wife were at home watching TV that night
c. the fire engine didn’t arrive as quickly as the writer had thought
d. the writer’s wife was so startled that the cups fell from her hends
e. the writer’s wife didn’t expect to see a pool of water in her kitchen
35. Nowadays people prefer using small cars than big ones because they are more…
36. The place …..the Dutch imprisoned Pangeran Diponegoro was hilly
37. The woman begged the robber…
a. don’t take my money
b. not to take her money
c. not taking her money
d. he didn’t take her money
e. he’d better not take her money
38. Every night the street vendors walk along the road and…food and drink.
b. to sell
39. Someone had stolen his car last night
He…..forgotten to lock the garage
a. would have
b. might have
c. should have
d. could have
e. must be
40. “I got to the library at one o’clock, and it started raining immediately !
We can also say…
a. when I got to the library, it was already raining
b. the rain started some time before I went to the library
c. It started raining when I was walking to the library
d. it had started raining before I got to the library
e. it started raining as soon as I got to the library
Download dokumen ini? (docx)
( Server 1 ) ( Server 2 ) ( Server 3 )
ok sekian ya semoga berguna buat persiapan ujian kalian.... good luck :)